General Job Function: This position is primarily responsible for scheduling emergency and non-emergency calls, dispatching personnel and equipment, and providing pre-arrival instructions to customers. This position assists and supports the Plumbing and HVAC Department Managers, Operations Manager and Purchasing Supervisor as needed.
Primarily responsible for scheduling and dispatching all service personnel and equipment on a daily basis for maximum efficiency of time and resources. Meets daily to discuss schedule and works closely with Operations Manager to assess work scheduled and resources available.
- 2 years of dispatch/scheduling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have outstanding Customer interaction skills.
- Must have clear speech and proper grammar.
- Possess enthusiasm, persuasiveness, accuracy and quickness.
- Basic computer and typing skills (Microsoft Outlook ,Word & Excel)
- Must be available to work flexible hours to include some days, evenings and weekends as needed for business
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives transferred calls from Customer Service, notifies customer of scheduling window and schedules call in SuccessWare.
- Dispatches personnel and equipment on a daily basis for maximum efficiency, based on specific technician customer request, parts, technician ability and location of call. Informs customer of expected arrival time.
- Provides clear communication by email to service technicians of service needed and parts required for call.
- Monitors service personnel via Nextraq and email/telephone to ensure time management.
- Monitors parts ordered calls and daily (possibly hourly) informs customers of status. Works closely with Purchasing/Inventory Supervisor to ensure timely service is provided.
- Works directly with Customer Service Manager to provide daily scheduling information to best utilize service personnel.
- Works with Fleet/Facility Supervisor on scheduling vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Develops personal and technical skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.