HVAC Installation Assistant
General Job Function: Assist Installation Lead with all facets of installation project. Communicate with company personnel including Installation Lead and Field Installation Manager. Ensure complete Customer satisfaction by professionally installing a quality system. Strive to maintain a professional Company image in the marketplace through personal attitude, action, and appearance.
- 1-2 years HVAC Installation experience (residential/light commercial) OR HVAC Technical school certificate
- EPA Certification
- Strong technical knowledge, be detail oriented and quality driven
- Excellent Customer interaction skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be well-groomed, drug-free and be able to pass a criminal background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Installation Lead with installing new equipment in a manner that is consistent with the company’s Quality Standards.
- Follow all Installation Lead’s instructions on job duties and skills.
- Accurately complete all job required paperwork as well as the Safety and Quality Assurance Report.
- Inform Customers of Company’s products and services.
- Help Installation Lead keep Company truck clean and organized.
- Any and all other job duties as requested or assigned.
- Must be able to lift, maneuver and set (install) heating and air conditioning equipment on a daily basis: up to 100 lbs. by yourself, 100 to 350 lbs. by using a dolly or with another person.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) and in extremely hot and humid weather (above 100o degrees).
- Must be able to work with hands and arms extended overhead for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands.
- Must be able to work around fiberglass insulation, glue, dust, household pets and not have known allergies.
- Must be able to work in a kneeling or squatting position.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have previous experience using mechanical hand tools.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and the ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking while in customers’ homes or businesses.