HVAC Installation Technician
General Job Function: Manage all facets of installation project. Communicate with company personnel including Scheduling Administrator, Installation Manager and Project Managers. Ensure complete Customer satisfaction by professionally installing a quality system.
- 2 or more years HVAC Installation experience (residential/light commercial)
- EPA Certification
- Strong technical knowledge, be detail oriented and quality driven
- Excellent Customer interaction skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be well-groomed, drug-free and be able to pass a criminal background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new equipment in a manner that is consistent with the company’s Quality Standards.
- Instruct Installation Assistants on job duties and skills.
- Accurately complete and promptly return all job required paperwork as well as the Safety and Quality Assurance Report.
- Inform Customers of Company’s products and services.
- Follow through on unfinished jobs, order parts, reschedule return visits and communicate with customers.
- On a daily basis, email parts used to restock your truck to keep accurate inventory level.
- Keep Company truck clean inside and out. Maintain organized Company truck stock to prevent loss due to damage. Keep vehicle dash clean and free of all items. Follow procedures in Company Handbook for vehicle maintenance, operation and cleanliness.
- Be successful at passing all quarterly and year end vehicle inventory counts and inspections.
- Develop personal and technical skills.
- Acquire necessary tools to perform professional HVAC Installation services.
- Any and all other work-related tasks/duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Must be able to lift, maneuver and set (install) heating and air conditioning equipment on a daily basis: up to 100 lbs. by yourself, 100 to 350 lbs. by using a dolly or with another person.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) and in extremely hot and humid weather (above 100o degrees).
- Must be able to work with hands and arms extended overhead for long periods of time.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands.
- Must be able to work around fiberglass insulation, glue, dust, household pets and not have known allergies.
- Must be able to work in a kneeling or squatting position.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have previous experience using mechanical hand tools.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and the ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking while in customers’ homes or businesses.