HVAC Planned Service Technician
Perform planned service, tune-up and light service work requests, recommend and involve customers with service agreements and accessory items. Ensure complete Customer satisfaction by professionally servicing and tuning-up systems in a consistent and quality manner with zero recalls. Strive to maintain a professional Company image in the marketplace through personal attitude, action, and appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all planned service tune-up calls as directed by dispatcher.
- In peak season, perform some service calls as directed.
- If equipment requires repair beyond Planned Service Technician’s skill level, call Service Manager or Customer Service to reschedule as a service call with a Service Technician.
- Correctly and completely fill out all service invoices. Give a Customer comment card on every call. Complete the A.S.A.P. form and involve all non-ASAP customers converting at a minimum of 25%.
- On a daily basis, fill out and turn in truck restock form to Inventory Manager.
- Be successful at passing all quarterly and year end vehicle inventory counts and inspections.
- Keep company vehicle clean inside and out. Maintain organized vehicle truck stock to prevent loss due to damage. Keep truck dash clean and free of all items. Follow procedures in Company Vehicle Handbook for vehicle maintenance, operation and cleanliness.
- Inform Customers about our products and services and make recommendations. Discuss equipment replacement options with Customers, work to maintain a lead generation ratio of 1:10. Schedule appointment with a Comfort Consultant from the home whenever possible.
- Alert Dispatcher and Planned Service Manager immediately about customer concerns.
- Follow all Company “Standard Operating Procedures” and Quality Standards and exact steps for performing a Professional Tune-up.
- Attend all pertinent in-house and outside training meetings.
- Develop personal and technical skills.
- Any and all other work-related tasks/duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good technical knowledge and strong customer relation skills.
- Understands and follows proper procedures while servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Is successfully performing all planned service tune-ups and light service at a high proficiency level to exceed Customer’s expectations.
- Possess all the necessary tools per Company requirements to perform professional heating and cooling planned maintenance tune-ups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma. Completion of HVAC Technical School and/or completion of HVAC certificate. Preferably 1-2 years of HVAC experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or co-workers of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of how to access and use the internet and have a good working knowledge of Data Entry (inventory) software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Microsoft Outlook knowledge and experience is helpful.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES: Universal EPA certification, Nate certification(s) preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 100 lb. air conditioning and refrigeration equipment 8 to 10 times each day.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) and in extremely hot and humid weather (above 100˚ degrees).
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands and be able to use mechanical hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a kneeling or squatting position.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and the ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking while in customers’ homes or businesses.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The warehouse and/or on job sites will work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions.
- The warehouse can be cool or warm at times and/or can be above or below comfortable temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.