General Job Function: This position is primarily responsible for providing quality plumbing system repair and replacement in residential and light commercial environments. Strive to maintain a professional Company image in the marketplace through personal attitude, action, and appearance.
- 3 or more years of Plumbing experience (residential/light commercial)
- Master Plumber preferred
- Strong technical knowledge, be detail oriented and quality driven
- Excellent Customer interaction skills
- Valid chauffeurs driver’s license and good driving record
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be well-groomed, drug-free and be able to pass a criminal background check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all Plumbing service and warranty calls as directed by dispatcher.
- Follow through on uncompleted calls, order parts, re-schedule calls and communicate with customer.
- Inform customers of Company’s products and services.
- Correctly and completely fill out all service invoices. Complete the A.S.A.P.P. form and leave with the customer on all non-A.S.A.P.P. calls.
- On a daily basis, complete and electronically submit truck restock form to Inventory Manager.
- Keep company vehicle clean inside and out. Maintain organized vehicle truck stock to prevent loss due to damage. Keep truck dash clean and free of all items. Follow procedures in Company Vehicle Handbook for vehicle maintenance, operation and cleanliness.
- Attend weekly training meetings.
- Develop personal and technical skills.
- Acquire necessary tools to perform professional Plumbing service
- .Any and all other work-related tasks/duties as directed by supervisor
- Must be able to deliver new water heaters down stairs to basement areas and remove old water heaters weighing several hundred pounds from basements and into service van by using an appliance dolly.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands and be able to work in a kneeling or squatting position.
- Must have knowledge of hazardous chemicals and be aware of the basic ways to detect them.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) and in extremely hot and humid weather (above 100o degrees).
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have previous experience using mechanical hand tools.
- This is strenuous work requiring good corrected vision, hearing, smelling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and the ability to work without supervision.
- Must be a non-smoker or be able to refrain from smoking while in customers’ homes or businesses.