General Job functions: The Recruiter/HR Assistant will assist the company in reaching year over year growth goals by finding and placing talented people in appropriate positions. Ensure retention goals are met by maintaining proper staffing levels, decreasing time to fill, and maintaining work/life balance for all coworkers and promoting a harmonious company culture. Position will also provide administrative support to HR Manager.
- Associates degree and 1 year experience or 2-3 years’ experience in human resources or a recruiting role.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and be able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated and dependable.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and some working knowledge of HRIS or ATS.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Post and update/edit career opportunities for internal and external positions via job boards, company website, social media, etc.
- Create and update employment branding media/materials such as recruiting videos, electronic and printed materials to promote Anthony PHC as the employer of choice.
- Actively recruits candidates for all positions by maintaining relationships with Technical schools/colleges, community colleges, military bases and external recruiters, churches, etc. and build a pipeline of qualified candidates ready to hire.
- Team up with Operations Manager and department managers to identify current and future staffing needs.
- Review and vet resumes and applications
- Perform initial interview and/or phone screen
- Coordinate interviews with hiring managers
- Organize group interviews as needed
- Coordinate pre-employment screenings (i.e. screening assessments, drug testing, DOT certifications, POET physicals, background/reference checks)
- Create recruiting/offer packet and edit as needed
- Prepare and send rejection letters
- Prepare offer letters and coordinate offer meetings
- Perform all on-boarding processes such as HR Process-In (including entering new hire information into ADP)
- Coordinate with Training Director new hire orientation and tests afterward
- Assist with editing and updating job descriptions as needed
- Retention, Culture and Morale
- Generate monthly and quarterly retention/turnover reports for HR Director
- Assists with incentives, contests and other co-worker recognition plans and programs
- Administer bi-annual employee and spouse/family surveys
- Coordinate company events (such as CAB (Co-worker Appreciation Breakfast), Huddles, company/family outings, philanthropy events, etc.)
- Maintain and administer birthday/anniversary card process
- Maintain paid time off accruals and attendance records for consistency and increased morale
- Generate monthly attendance report for HR Director
- Human Resources
- Create and maintain personnel files in compliance with any/all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate and distribute all new hire benefit enrollment paperwork and activities. Assist with annual open enrollment process as needed
- Assist with updating employee changes in HRIS (ADP) such as address changes, direct deposits changes, taxes, etc.
- Assist with Workmen’s Compensation reporting and filing as needed
- Maintain and process DOT Medical card certification/re-certifications
- Answers incoming customer phone calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit- over 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with hands and arms-under 1/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- under 1/3 of the time.
- Talk or hear- over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds- under 1/3 of the time.
- Vision- Must be able to read computer screen and written documentation over 2/3 of the time.
- Type and/or write – over 2/3 of the time