Direct all co-workers to meet or exceed company sales objectives with primary focus on Comfort Advisors’ and Selling Technicians’ (ST) sales objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily review, coaching and supporting Comfort Advisors/ST for them to maximize their potential and reach budgeted monthly revenue and margin and margin goals.
- Oversee lead coordinator, assuring their job description is fully executed with primary focus on proper appointment setting, lead source tracking, pre-appointment letters/video, and lost sale letters (all communications). Daily review assignment of leads to Comfort Advisors for maximizing closing percentage.
- A minimum of once per month ride-along with Comfort Advisors on sales calls, assuring tools used, and all sales procedures are are followed.
- Have comfort consultant perform sales process to you personally if they present three consecutive times without a a sale.
- Ensure that sales procedures/systems/selling tools are continually updated and utilized.
- Assist Comfort Advisors to maintain:
- A minimum 50% closing ratio (70% existing customer).
- A monthly sales volume is met.
- A 40% gross margin is met.
- An ever-increasing average sale.
- Ensure all Comfort Advisors and field personnel are abiding by company-established pricing at all times.
- Foster sales awareness for all co-workers.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager to assure necessary leads are generated to obtain monthly goals.
- Know the sales process/system as if you were selling daily. Go on one sales call per month as a Comfort Advisor to use the system.
- Responsible for sales personnel recruiting, training, supervision, motivation and administrative duties.
- Perform timely performance job appraisals for Comfort Advisors every three months for the first year, every six months for the second year, and once per year thereafter.
- Produce and manage on-call schedule for Comfort Advisors.
- Train, coach, and supervise selling technicians to exceed sales goals.
- Call pending customers if not sold after three days of being proposed and convert them to customers.
- Company “Mission Statement” is achieved.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for day-to-day management and leadership of the Comfort Consultants and Sales Lead Coordinator.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership, coaching, and teaching skills in the areas of: sales, overcoming objections/stalls, lead generation, people skills, and goal setting/achieving.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma. Possess at least 4 years of experience in Sales and/or Management.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or co-workers of the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of how to access and use the internet and have a good working knowledge of Data Entry (inventory) software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Microsoft Outlook knowledge and experience is helpful.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES: None required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit- over 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with hands and arms-under 1/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- under 1/3 of the time.
- Talk or hear- over 2/3 of the time.
- Lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds- under 1/3 of the time.
- Vision- Must be able to read computer screen and written documentation over 2/3 of the time.
- Type and/or write – over 2/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office is kept at a comfortable temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to multi task with continuous.