Cleaner products for less Kansas City drain cleaning
This week we celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. In our industry (plumbing, heating and cooling) we’ve seen quite a few improvements in energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly products. You may not be aware of all of the options you now have when it comes to being more environmentally responsible.
Here is a list of our top 5 products that help homeowners make a difference:
1. High Efficiency Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps and Furnaces – up to 70% of your utility bills are attributed to keeping your home comfortable. If your central ari conditioning unit is more than12 years old, replacing it with and ENERGY STAR qualified model could cut your cooling costs up to 40%. Manufacturers are getting better and better at making their units more energy efficient. The York Affinity is the most efficient furnace today – 98% efficient on gas usage and it uses 1/6 the electricity of a normal furnace!
2. High-Efficiency Toilets – federal law prohibits selling a new toilet that uses more than 1.6 gallons per flush. Older toilets use almost three times that amount. While low-flow toilets use much less water than traditional toilets, the new high-efficiency toilets (HETs) use 1.2 gallons – some less than a gallon. And don’t worry, advances in toilet design permit HETs to save water without loss of flushing power. So if you’re replacing a toilet, look into HET.
3. Tankless Water Heaters – instead of keeping an entire tank full of hot water 24/7, tankless water heaters only burn gas when a faucet is turned on. They supply hot water on demand so you’ll never run out in the middle of a shower again! Plus, tankless water heaters cost less to operate. You can save 40% – 50% on your water heating bill every month.
4. Salt-Free Water Conditioners – this water conditioner is easier on the environment because it only operates while your water is turned on. It uses less electricity to operate than a 25-watt bulb. Conditioned water also reduces calcium buildup extending the life of your dishwasher, washing machine and entire plumbing system.
5. Ground Source Heat Pumps – you’ll save up to 75% on your energy bills with a ground source heat pump. It uses the earth’s energy to heat and cool your home. There’s no ugly, noisy outdoor unit to deal with and ground source heat pumps can be installed in existing homes. They’re also eligible for a 30% government tax credit (with no cap).
These new products make it easy to save money while you’re saving the environment. Plus, with government stimulus tax credits on most, you’ll save even more! This is the only Earth we’ve got and we must work together to save it. Happy Earth Day!
Top 5 Earth-Friendly Products You Can Use in your Home