Your home is full of complex appliances and fixtures that most people wouldn’t even know half of how to work. However, it is beneficial to understand the ins and outs of your systems so that if they are faulty, you know when to call in the professionals for maintenance or repairs.
Our experts at Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric have compiled a list of FAQs to help you:
Q. What’s the Importance of Regular HVAC Maintenance?
- Regular maintenance keeps your HVAC system running efficiently, lengthens its lifespan, improves indoor air quality, and reduces the risk of a costly breakdown in the future. We recommend scheduling a maintenance appointment twice a year (one for your furnace, the other for air conditioning) to ensure your heater works efficiently in the winter and that your AC performs exceptionally during the summer.
Q. What Are the Signs of Electrical Issues?
- Frequent circuit tripping, sparking outlets, flickering lights, warm switches, and the smell of something burning are all indications of electrical issues and should be addressed promptly. If you’re experiencing these issues, investing in whole-home surge protection might be ideal.
Q. What Factors Affect Indoor Air Quality?
- Ventilation systems, pollutants such as allergens, mold, and volatile organic compounds, and humidity levels all tie into your indoor air quality. These can be regulated or reduced with whole-home purifiers and dehumidifiers.
Q. What Should I Do if My Pipes Freeze?
- If your pipes aren’t delivering water and you suspect they might be frozen, shut off your main water valve immediately. Test all of the faucets. Use a hair dryer on low heat to slowly thaw your pipes. Slowly turn your main water valve back on to test, followed by the faucets.
Q. Are There Ways to Improve Energy Efficiency in My Home?
- Routine maintenance, sealing ducts, proper insulation, programmable thermostats, and upgrading to energy-efficient models can significantly improve your home’s energy efficiency and save you money on utility bills.
Q. What Happens When I Need Repairs on a Holiday or Weekend?
- Don’t stress! Whether your emergency takes place at two in the morning or on Christmas Eve, Anthony’s 24/7 emergency service is here for you.
Are you in need of installation, repair, or maintenance services in the Kansas City Metro? Contact us today to schedule an appointment with our team.