Before you call Anthony PHC Kansas City, here are some simple tips you can try that may help you avoid an unnecessary service call. If you smell gas, do not turn on any light switches. Immediately leave the house and call the gas company and then call us.
- First, double check to make sure your thermostat is set to “heat” and above the temperature in the house.
- Make sure the electrical shut-off switch on the side of the furnace is on.
- Check the breaker box for a tripped breaker. If the breaker is tripped, try resetting it. IF IT FLIPS BACK OFF, DO NOT KEEP TRYING TO RESET IT. Call us immediately at (913) 384-4440.
- Make sure the gas furnace blower door (the lower panel on the front of a gas furnace) is tight to the cabinet. All modern furnace blower compartments have electrical interlock switches which shut the power off if the blower door is not secured tightly.
- If you have a high-efficiency furnace that uses PVC (plastic) pipes, check the openings on the pipes for foreign matter that may be stopping air flow.
- Check the air filter. A clogged air filter can restrict airflow causing the furnace safety limit switch to activate and you will have no heat. If it is dirty, try replacing the filter.