The best way to avoid unexpected repairs is to schedule routine maintenance visits to check your furnace for problems that can be pre-empted. Call Anthony about our tune-up visits and maintenance program to get the most out of your furnace.
Sometimes equipment can fail erratically, or perhaps you’ve skipped a maintenance visit or two. Either way, Anthony has your back if you need a heating system or furnace repairs in Kansas City. We offer heating repair and maintenance services in the Kansas City Metro area to help keep your furnace or heat pump working like new at full efficiency.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
Typically, there are noticeable signs if something needs to be fixed with your furnace. If you see these warning signs, getting a repair technician out as soon as possible is important.
If your furnace has broken components, other parts may take on extra stress, reducing its life expectancy. Additionally, broken furnaces may pose potential health and safety concerns, especially if it uses natural gas. The sooner you can fix and repair these problems, the better off you will be.
Watch for these signs of furnace failure:
- Strange Odors:It’s normal for your furnace to emit a slight burning smell the first few times it starts up at the beginning of the cold season. However, if you smell a lingering burning odor, noxious melting plastic, or even moldy smells, a problem needs investigating. Strong smells from the exhaust could be a sign of poor combustion. You can’t smell carbon monoxide, but you can smell Aldehydes, a byproduct of bad combustion.
- Gas Leaks: This is one of the most apparent problems. If you smell a gas leak, you should immediately turn off the furnace and call an HVAC specialist to deal with the problem. Call your natural gas company and ask them to shut off your gas, and get yourself and your family out of the house.
- Unit Won’t Start Easily: Furnaces should start up easily without problems. If you need to restart it multiple times a day, get a professional to look at it.
- Uneven Heating: If your heater isn’t heating your whole house well, it’s time to get it serviced. There could be clogs, inefficient combustion, or failing components.
- Unexpected Energy Bill Spike: If you see a big jump in your energy bill that you weren’t expecting, there is some problem causing your furnace to consume much more fuel than it usually would.
- Strange Noises: If you hear banging, clanging, rattling, whining, groaning, or abnormal sounds, there’s probably a broken or loose component.
- Water Leaks: If you notice a puddle forming around your furnace, you have a water leak. This is an easy fix if dealt with quickly.
If you notice any of these signs, don’t hesitate to call us for furnace repairs in Kansas City.
Heating & Furnace Repair Services
Anthony’s technicians are on call for 24/7 emergency furnace repair services whenever you need them. If you have a problem with your heating system, our technicians can get to you quickly. Our experienced technicians will promptly inspect and determine the problem and offer fast, efficient solutions. We want to fix your furnace as soon as possible so you don’t have to go without heat any longer than necessary.
We send our technicians out with stocked trucks of extra parts and components so we can quickly swap any parts necessary for most models and brands. Our trained technicians can work on any model or brand of furnace or heating system and get it back online.
For the best heating repair and maintenance services in the Kansas City Metro, contact Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric.
Financing Options Available
At Anthony, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer flexible financing options to help you take care of your new HVAC purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about our priority maintenance services.