Are you greeted by a stinky, musty odor when you go downstairs? Maybe you are used to it and don’t even notice it anymore? This could be a sign of bacteria and mold living there. Allergens, like mold, thrive in relative humidity conditions above 60%, leading to a variety of ailments including asthma, allergies, and respiratory infections. Dust mites, the leading cause of allergies, thrive in homes with high humidity. Wood flooring, cabinets,and furniture also suffer from warping and structural damage due to high humidity.
There is help! A high capacity, whole home dehumidifier removes excess moisture and the spread of mold and other allergens. The dehumidifier is installed into your heating and cooling system and should be maintained during your annual tune-up. Your service provider should clean the filter once a year and you never have to empty a water tray.
How To Eliminate Smells and Allergens in Your Basement